Job Posting ~ Interim Youth Leader
Description: The Interim Youth Leader will work with our Family, Youth and Children’s (FY&C) Ministry to lead the Youth programs at our church in Cleveland Heights. This is an interim position reporting to the FY&C Coordinator, the Co-Pastors, and ultimately to Session (our congregational leadership body), through its Personnel Committee. This position is a one-year position from August, 2019 to July, 2020.
● Build and nurture relationships with and among high school and middle school youth
● Lead Youth Education on Sunday mornings
● Partner with FY&C Coordinator to increase senior high youth engagement
● Participate in worship
● Equip and encourage youth to participate in worship
● Lead outreach to area youth
● Participate in collaborations with youth programs of area churches organized by FY&C Coordinator
● Work to enhance diversity within our youth group and congregation.
● Communicate with families and youth in person and via email, text, and/or social media
● Meet weekly with FY&C Coordinator
● Participate in teacher training arranged by FY&C Coordinator
Qualifications, Gifts and Skills:
● Be a committed Christian with a passion for Youth Education
● Have a deep love for youth, and be comfortable with a progressive, inclusive and diverse congregation
● Have sufficient experience to spiritually nurture our youth
● Be committed to working with a strong volunteer base
● Be able to work harmoniously, effectively and confidentially with our Youth Team, church members, pastors, and church staff
● Be a creative, imaginative, independent, collaborative person
Education: Associate or Bachelor degree in related field preferred.
Hours of Employment: 10-15 hours a week for one program year (August 2019 to July 2020). Attendance on Sundays is required.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Contact: Kurt Haas or Lisa Koops via Forest Hill Church’s office email.
A background check paid for by Forest Hill Church is a condition of employment.