Forest Hill Church Financial Specialist
The Financial Specialist reports to the Pastor/Head of Staff and works under the direction of the Church Treasurer to provide financial services to church members and staff. Estimated 12-15 hours weekly, but will vary with the week and time of year. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
• Following applicable Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and practices, maintain double-entry, general ledger accounting of budgeted and non-budgeted funds
• Perform accounts payable functions: enter invoices, review for accuracy and proper authorization; perform cash flow analysis; and prepare checks for Treasurer’s signature.
• Receive and record pledge information during Stewardship Campaign (and other special campaigns) and report data to Stewardship Ministry.
• Work with volunteer cash counters; record weekly contributions.
• Deposit checks via the KeyCapture system; record and reconcile electronic contributions
• Maintain contribution records for all members and other contributors. Provide quarterly financial statements to all donors.
• Be available to answer financial questions from church members, ministries, and staff within a reasonable time.
• Prepare monthly and year-end financial reports for the Session and the Annual Report. Prepare other reports as requested. Provide information at least monthly to the Treasurer and Trustees
• Provide administrative assistance and financial data for the annual budget process, stewardship campaign, and Annual Meeting.
• Provide support to the Endowment Committee including quarterly reports of income and expenditures.
• Oversee payroll: forward semimonthly payroll information to payroll preparation service, distribute pay checks, and review the accuracy of the checks, tax data, and other related information.
• Maintain subcontractor and tax-id number files and collate 1099 data for filing along with 1096s by the church.
• Administer employees’ Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA) and 403(b) programs.
• Invoice tenants and monitor receipt of rent payments.
• Serve as financial contact with outside vendors, tenants, and leaseholders as required, working with the Church Administrator.
• Maintain memorial fund records and send acknowledgements to families.
• Administer grocery card program including order cards, deposit income and report proceeds to the Ministry of Justice and Mission.
• Prepare for and assist those performing the yearly financial audit.
• Maintain a commitment to confidentiality regarding all church business, including members and staff.
• A minimum of an Associate’s degree in accounting from a nationally accredited institution and 2-4 years relevant experience.
• Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize and perform various tasks within set parameters. Dependable attendance, especially at weekly staff meeting.
• Demonstrated proficiency with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office products and ability to quickly learn Breeze software used to track contributions.
Submit resume including salary/contract requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.