We are seeking a Co-Pastor to help lead us on the next phase of our journey towards Becoming the Beloved Community. Per PC(USA) procedures, a Ministry Information Form (read and download here) describes the position and our hopes for potential candidates.
“We seek a person who is compassionate and loving of all God’s people, eager to share their faith and how it can change the world, and committed to spiritual formation and development on all levels. A person…called to embolden the faith of the community and to help each person on their individual spiritual journey…[and] able to judge his or her own strengths to accomplish the mission and vision of the church in collaboration with the other co-pastor.”
This person will collaborate with the existing co-pastor to accomplish the roles and responsibilities described below, and other duties as needed. The co-pastors will allocate these duties based on their individual gifts, skills, talents, interests, and the needs of the faith community:
- Act as Co-Head of Staff
- Support a theologically progressive, inclusive approach that welcomes and embraces all God’s children including persons of every race, culture, background, gender identity and sexual orientation
- Study, teach, and preach the Word, celebrate baptism and the Lord’s Supper, pray with and for the congregation
- Provide pastoral counseling and care
- Build relationships and nurture young adult and adult populations
- Equip our church to live into its mission
- Equip, coach and facilitate small groups
- Equip, coach and facilitate members in growth of effective outreach ministries, existing and new
- Serve as point person and liaison to community organizations and governmental entities
- Moderate Session and guide Session Ministries
- Support FHC’s mission and core values
- Equip God’s people to explore, understand and discern God’s call
- Ensure institutional reviews & long-range planning
- Support God’s call for FHC and work for the greater good
- Work towards church growth by providing ample opportunities for congregants to build, maintain and cherish relationships formed in small group settings.
- Laugh together
To apply or refer someone to the Co-Pastor Nominating Committee, email FHCCPNC@gmail.com.