Forest Hill Church puts on annual fellowship events for all ages. Perennial favorites are our Fall Festival, celebrating the beginning of a new program year, and the May Cabaret, our Spring all-church extravaganza musical.
Each September, the Deacons host a Fall Festival to kick off the September to May program year. Past festivals have featured tropical lunches, the Euclid Beach Rocket Car, pony rides, a Tiki Bar manned by our youth serving root beer floats, tropical smoothies, and other blender-friendly beverages, and of course games with prizes for young and “young at heart.”
In the Spring, the May Cabaret begins with a delicious dinner by Chef Morag Keefe and continues with a fabulous array of well-rehearsed musical acts. Directed by Music Director Anne Wilson, the fast-paced evening is by turns hilarious, touching, inspiring, and…just plain loony. (Really…who taught John Lentz to Samba?)
Some of the acts we’ve enjoyed in the past:
- Voices in Bronze performing the Bashful Bell Song
- The Descant Choir’s aerobic version of the Fast Food Song
- The award-winning Heights High Barber Shoppers
- Molly Webster, Edie Duncan and Ally Boyd performing their original Walk to Emmaeus Rap
- And last, but never least, our ever popular Male Ballet.